February 26, 2015
Acompli, a Microsoft Company
This Privacy Statement describes what data we collect and process for Outlook for iOS & Android (“Service”). The Service includes a software application users download to a device and a service that processes data on our servers.
Data We Process.
Email Credentials. We collect and process your email address and credentials to provide you the Service. Acompli does not use your email credentials for any other purpose. To learn more about how we process your email credentials please see acompli.com/security.
Email Data. We collect and process your email messages and associated content to provide you the Service. Acompli does not use your email data for any other purpose. Your email data may contain messages, address book, contact information, message attachments and calendar information.
Email Address. We collect and process your email address to provide you the Service, carry out transactions you authorize and communicate with you. For example, we may use your email address request feedback, provide updates and notifications regarding the Service. You may also control promotional emails from us by changing your account preferences or by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out of those messages, you may still receive emails from us relating to your account and the Service (e.g., relating to product updates, password resets, etc.). These account communications are part of the Service, and account holders cannot opt out from receiving account communications.
Other information. We may collect and process other information, such as your name, phone number and support information, to provide the Service and carry out the transactions you authorize. If you encounter problems with the Service, you may contact us for technical support using the Service application (tap Settings, then Help, then Contact Support). We may collect and process performance and usage information to provide and improve the Service and other products and services we, our parent company (Microsoft) or our affiliates may offer.
Disclosure of Data.
We are not in the business of selling or renting user data. We will not share data with third parties outside of Microsoft and affiliates except in the following narrow circumstances:
• If you direct or authorize the disclosure.
• If we believe in good faith that we must disclose information to protect the rights or property of our company or other users, including to prevent fraud or to enforce our agreements or policies governing your use of the Service; or if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of our personnel, users, or the public, we may make such disclosure as we believe is reasonably necessary for such protection.
• If we sell or reorganize all or part of our business, we may need to disclose user information to a third party who acquires our assets, as permitted by law.
• We occasionally contract with vendors, consultants and other service providers to provide services for us (such as customer support, email marketing, and technical infrastructure services). We may provide these companies with access to data where necessary for their engagement.
Finally, we may access, disclose and preserve your personal information, including your private content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
• comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process from competent authorities, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
• protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of the Service, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
• operate and maintain the security of the Service, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
• protect our rights or property, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the Service – however, if we receive information indicating that someone is using the Service to traffic in our stolen intellectual or physical property, we will not inspect a customer’s private content ourselves, but we may refer the matter to law enforcement.
Please note that the Service may include links to sites or services of third parties that have privacy practices different from ours. If you submit personal information to any of those sites or services, your information is governed by the privacy statements of those third parties.
The Service was designed and built from the ground up with data security as a top priority. We are committed to protecting your data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities. For more information about our safety and security measures, please see acompli.com/security.
Deleting Your Data.
You can delete your data stored in the Service by uninstalling the Service application from your device. When the Service application is uninstalled from your device, we will delete your data in approximately 7 days, and will only retain information as required by law.
The information we collect and process may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where we or our parent company, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. We abide by the U.S.-E.U Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Economic Area and Switzerland. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program and to view our certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Changes to this Privacy Statement.
We may occasionally modify and revise our Privacy Statement from time to time. When we post changes to our Privacy Statement, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of the statement. If we make any material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you of such changes by posting them on the Service or by sending you an email or other notification.
How to Contact Us.
If you need more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a general privacy question or a question for the Chief Privacy Officer of Microsoft, please contact Microsoft by using Microsoft’s Web form.
o By mail: Acompli Privacy, Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, Washington 98052 USA
o By Phone: 425-882-8080
To find the Microsoft subsidiary in your country or region, see http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide/.